Here's why I am so excited: I'd like us all to join in on this one. I'd like us to make ourselves a 12 pages booklet and each month, draw on one page of it so that at the end of the year, we'll have a pretty and very valuable piece of art just for us and to remember 2015 by. What say you?
I'll have a special FB group just for this, I'll keep it a secret one once we are all in and we will share our pieces there and enjoy each other's company - because when we share, things get so much better. We will have a different prompt each month to work with but if you won't like it you'll of course be free to draw whatever you'll want - it's your book after all. I will probably make it a bit difficult for myself and will challenge myself to draw 12 faces while still keeping them aligned with the theme.
I'll post a blog post with the theme each month and I'll link to tutorials or anything I'll find useful for us. I'll also post these things in the FB group so I'll have everybody covered - those of you who are not on FB and those of you who are.
So, if you like my little plan for 2015 and if you'd like to participate do let me know. I'd love you to join me and make it happen.
Here's how my newly made art book for this project looks like:
Some links and important things:
- Facebook group - please ask to join in or I can't let you in otherwise - 12 pages in 2015 FB group
- my tutorial on making an art journal from cereal boxes
- here's a lovely tutorial on making a sewn together book (you'll need 3 sheets for our 12 pages and 1 sheet for the cover) - 3-hole Pamphlet Stitched Book/Journal
- or a 5-hole pamphlet journal
- here's me on FB if you need to ask any questions - Nini Ninina
- cover sticker should you like to use it as well